* Ali, Tariq : Bush in Babylon: The Recolonisation of Iraq, Pub. 2003.
* Bamford, James : A Pretext For War : 9/11, Iraq, And The Abuse of America's Intelligence
Agencies, Pub. 2004.
( Bush/Cheney regime willfully and wantonly distort and cherry pick and fabricate intelligence reports to help sell the necessity of invading Iraq and taking out Saddam . The Bush administration within ten days of the start of the new government in January 2001 were intent on invading Iraq but they believed they had to invent intelligence and a pretext to go to war even though Saddam by all official accounts had been contained and was no longer a major threat to Israel or the US.)
* Bauman, Robert & Rasor, Dina : Betraying Our Troops: The Destructive Results of Privatizing War , Pub. 2007.
* Champdor, A. : Babylon, Pub. 1958.
* Contenau, G. Everyday life in Babylon and Assyria, Pub. 1954.
* Dyer, Gwynne: The Mess They Made: The Middle East After Iraq, Pub. 2005.
* Fassihi, Farnaz: Waiting For An Ordinary Day: The Unraveling of Life In Iraq , Pub. 2008 .
* Hersh, Seymour : CHAIN OF COMMAND: THE ROAD FROM 9/11 TO ABU GHRAIB, Pub. 2004.
* Hiro, Dilip: The Longest War: the Iran-Iraq military Conflict, Pub. 1991.
* Lagouranis, Tony And
Mikaelian,Allen: Fear Up Harsh: An Army Interrogator's Dark Journey Through Iraq , Pub. 2007. ( abuse and torture by US personnel of prisoners became common place in Iraq -they believed Cheney/Rumsfeld & Bush had given them the Green Light " to take off the gloves")
* Lando, Barry: Web of Deceit: The History of Western Complicity in Iraq, From Churchill to Kennedy to George W. Bush , Pub. 2007.
* Oates, Joan : Babylon, Pub. 1979.
* Ricks, Thomas E.: Fiasco: The American Military Adventure in Iraq, Pub. 2006.
* Roberts, Paul William : A War Against Truth : An Intimate Account of the Invasion of Iraq , Pub. 2004.
* Saggs, H. W. F. : Civilization before Greece & Rome , Pub. 1989.
* Saggs, H. W. F. : Everyday Life in Babylonia & Assyria, Pub. 1965.
* Shadid, Anthony : Night Draws Near: Iraqis in the Shadow of America’s War , Pub. 2004.
* Time Life Books : The Age of God Kings/ Egypt, Babylon,Sumer, Msopotamia, Pub. 1987.
* Unger, Craig: The Fall of the House of Bush : The Untold Story of how a Band of True Believers Seized the Executive Branch, Started the Iraq War , and still Imperils America's Future, Pub. 2007.